Monday, May 24, 2010

Re-cap!!

Howdy!
Well, it's back to REALITY around here today.  Daddy is back to work and it's time to get back into the groove.  Nice thing is, though, it seems like we are moving into a new groove with the arrival of summer (almost)!  But - hey - it sure feels like summer around here, doesn't it??  This heat is pretty intense!

So...looking back over our "stay-cation" we have so many wonderful memories.  And, as I already mentioned, we really had a great time just being together as a family.  Simple pleasures are the best, aren't they??

Just so we don't forget all the fun we had I thought I should re-cap our week! With the exception of a few lazy days we were on the go quite a bit!!

We took the girls to Lake Calhoun for the first time.  The hubs and I used to frequent that place A LOT!! It had been a really long time since I had been there, though.  I figured since we were going I would try running around the lake like we used to.  And, to my surprise, I made it all the way around.  I think the last time ran was in January 2009!! Some of you may recall Lake Calhoun is where I did my 21 mile run prior to Grandma's marathon.  Needless to say I have some fond memories and accomplishments from there so it was fun to get back.  We used our new running stroller too and it works great.  Daddy pushed it most of the way, but I gave it a shot too.  The best part of the run was when Daddy and the girls went ahead of me so they could cheer me on at the end.  FUN!!!

We also took a day trip to the MN Zoo.  I think the hubs was the most excited for this trip.  He hadn't been to a zoo since he was a kid.  It was the perfect day for it too.  Warm, breezy and sunny.  The girls had a blast and so did we!! We planned it so the girls took naps on the way there and then they snoozed in the stroller for the afternoon naps.  Like I said - we planned it all around naps!!  The zoo was great and the animals very fun to see.  We walked and walked and walked!! It was great exercise and we will definitely be going back when the girls are a little older.

Another fun thing we did was take several walks and runs around our neighborhood.  We often went early in the morning which I loved.  I am starting to feel like I might be able to run a little bit again.  In moderation -- OK Mother!!  But - we found some new routes and so the girls and I will definitely be doing a walk or run everyday this summer, weather permitting.  It's great to get out!

On Thursday Daddy shooed me out of the house. I went on a little shopping spree.  It was great.  I spent the morning at Ridgedale, got some coffee and had some "me" time.  Ahhhhh.....felt so refreshed when I returned and even had a few new duds for the warmer weather.  :-)  Nothin' makes a girl happier than some new clothes!!

The girls also tried some new foods this week.  Namely pancakes, mashed potatos and ICE CREAM!!!  They were all big hits, but I have to say the ice cream was #1!! I told the girls they probably weren't my daughters if they didn't like ice cream!  Daddy was spoiling them a little bit.  It was funny because their little beaks were wide open for more, more, more! Too cute!

We also took the girls out to eat for dinner one night.  This was exciting because the girls both sat in wooden high chairs. This was a first for us.  They did pretty well although we had our moments.  It's funny how I can now understand the idea of knowing what to order when the waitress first comes to the table.  There is no messing around!!  In the future we will be discussing our menu options in the car before we go in!

On Friday we attend our last early childhood class for this year.  It was special because Daddy could be with us.  AND ----- BIG NEWS!!!  Ms. R crawled for the 1st time in class.  The hubs and I were so proud and could not stop smiling for the entire class!  When we returned home she continued to crawl and she has been motoring around since! We have a feeling Ms. K might not be too far behind.  She has now realized that Ms. R can pretty much get anywhere she wants to go which includes coming over to steal toys!  More on this in an upcoming post!

We also had some quality time with both sides of the family. We had a special day with cousins H & G on Saturday while daddy was in Duluth.  We had dinner with Grandma and Grandpa G on Friday night.  And, on Saturday we spent the day in Little Falls. We spent some special time with Great Grandma H and some of the other Martin/Schey clan.  It was a very quick, unplanned trip, but fun! 

We wrapped things up on Sunday with a really nice run around the neighborhood, naps and then a big trip to Babies-r-us and Target!!  My two favorites stores!!  We were in need of -- EVERYTHING (wipes, diapers, formula, food, new high chairs, blah...blah...blah....) and so we managed to get that all before daddy had to leave for work on Sunday night.  Success!

What a precious week...and one ne we will never forget.  We have so much to look forward to and be thankful for.  Most of all - each other. 

Here are a few photos from the week.  I wish I had taken more, but I guess I was too busy havin' fun!







Hope you enjoyed hearing about our week as much as we enjoyed sharing it with you!!

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment