So...the hubs and I have been known to take vacations and to hit the road with little or NO notice (sorry Moms!). Ok, ok....this was all BB (before babes!!).
This week, however, while the hubs was on his MUCH anticipated vacation let's just say we took a little different route.
I'm certain there are some smiles, smirks, and even some hahaha's goin' on right now because, you see, the hubs and I were pretty much jet setters until.....oh....I guess 8 months ago ........ or so!!
It was right about then our plane landed. And, when it landed -- it happened to have two beautiful babies on board.
Amazing, I know.
The hubs and I love to travel together. It's not that we ever went to exotic locations, but just places we knew we would have fun, together. We didn't always plan things out very well, but we always had a blast! We often recall the fun memories....ahem.... which include getting a speeding ticket in the middle of the night in the middle of Montana, picking up Influenza B in Nashville, losing our luggage in Maui, driving through a multi-state ice storm and sleeping in a hotel without ANY heat in North Dakota. Those were really fun times and we often recall them with smiles. Really, we do.
This week of vacation panned out a little bit differently. We had the ultimate "stay-cation" anyone could dream of. Stay-cation meaning - we stayed close to home. Traveled locally and selpt in our own beds at night! The funny thing is we actually spent time planning things out unlike our previous vacations. In fact about a week before this vacation I sent an email to the hubs outlying each day of the week, the weather forecast for each day and a suggested daily activity. He then replied saying he was in favor of my ideas and we went from there! And - of course we had to plan everything around NAPS!!!
Tonight is the eve of his last day of vacation. Well, he has the weekend off too (yeah!!), but tomorrow is the last "week" day of his vacation. I find myself feeling sad that this week is almost over, but I have to tell you that this has been the BEST vacation of my life. There was a time when we felt as though our honeymoon trip to Maui was our "dream" vacation. Not anymore.
This week was full of smiles and kisses, hugs and giggles, trips to the zoo, the lake, and strolls around the neighborhood. We spent time talking...really talking about life, family, our goals and what we want for our girls. We didn't spend much money, but we have the most treasured souvenirs. We have visions of Ms. K and Ms. R as they saw new things for the first time and how genuinely happy they seemed to have BOTH mommy and daddy to snuggle with all day long. We have the gifts of their giggles and smiles imprinted in our minds.
These are real memories. These are stories we will forever tell them.
BB (before babes) the hubs and I made wonderful memories on wonderful vacations, but our first official vacation AB (after babes) does not compare to ANY of those get-a-ways.
It beats them all.
Tonight we are home feeling so blessed, so full of life, so secure in our life choices.
Thank you, God, for our most treasured vacation keepsakes of all.
Our babies.
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!
ps. One pic to share from Lake Calhoun - many more to come!
Love it! Thanks for sharing!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful idea!
ReplyDelete