Witty!!!!!
Helpful
Honest
Funny
Proud
Easy Going (ohhhh...I envy this one!!)
Gentle Spirit
Silent Worrier
Teacher (3rd graders for 30+ years!!)
Smart
Rescuer
Hard worker
Detail oriented
Organized
Provider
Loving
You may have guessed by now - these words all describe MY dad.
Dad...once upon a time you may have had goals of teaching me how to balance my checkbook, keeping my gas tank half full, showing me how to shoot free throws or the importance of being a "defensive" driver. These were all wonderful (and necessary) lessons. And, although I may not have mastered those skills...ahem... perfectly, you taught me so much more along the way.
You likely didn't realize it at the time, but all the little things you did for me mattered so much. You taught me to do my very best -- and -- in the end that would be good enough for anybody who really mattered. You taught me about responsibility and following through on my word. You always made sure to tell me how proud you were --- and I knew you really meant it. You went above and beyond to provide experiences for us that you didn't have growing up. Whether you know it or not those experiences are still very vivid in our minds. It was the many trips to the Twins games, our annual week at the lake, bike rides down 4th street and the many, many DQ treats on the way back from Staples. It is all stuff we remember, cherish and talk about. We know you made many sacrifices for us, but you never talked about them.
Now - as Grandpa to my babies I am seeing even more love pour out of you for them. I could not be more thankful or feel more blessed to call you my dad. Very simply stated -thank you for always being there for me dad.
And, speaking of great men in my life....
I also want to express my gratitude to my father-in-law on this Father's day.
You raised your only son to be an amazing man and father. You did an incredible job and I am so thankful!
We had such a wonderful 1st Father's Day with him. And, I can say without any hesitation that I have NEVER seen my husband happier than he is RIGHT now. I can physically see all the stresses of life and work just melt away when he is with his baby girls.
We may not always know His plan, but God is so good and we are so thankful for our many blessings this Father's Day.
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

No comments:
Post a Comment