has become such a beautiful little girl...
And, in fact, she is graduating from Kindergarten this week and I simply can not believe it. I LOVE her so much and have been privileged to be front and center these past 6 years ... watching her grow and change. She is pictured above with her Kindergarten teacher.The girls and I went to her "Kindergarten Program" last Friday. And, to be completely honest I was between big smiles and huge tears the entire time. She looked so grown up and I was so proud of her.
I always say my godchild, Ms. H, came into my life at just the perfect time. I was going through some hard life "stuff" at the time. She was due to be born mid-February, but to my sister's BIG surprise she decided to arrive over a month early. I am convinced (knowing her now) that she knew Auntie M needed her to make an early entrance. And, boy was she right! When she was born my whole life changed. I spent as much time with her as I possibly could. I would stay with her during times my sister needed to be away. It was precious and special time and helped me over some of those tough life hurdles I was going through.
Ms. H has taught me so much about how to love and be loved. She has a heart of gold and a soul sweeter than honey. I fully believe she helped me get ready to be a mommy to my girls. When I found out I was having two baby girls... I wanted to be sure Ms. H knew she would always be VERY important to me even though I would have babies of my own. Because - if I'm being honest ... I consider her one of my babies, too.
When we went to her classroom after her program she was so excited to introduce all of her Kindergarten friends to her "twin baby cousins". It could not have been more precious and we loved every minute of seeing her classroom and meeting her teacher.
I know that I can't stop time, but my heart aches a little bit when I think of her growing up so fast. But - I will swallow my tears and instead look forward to all the wonderful things that are in store for this precious little person. I am so glad my girls have Ms. H to look up to and learn from. I could not have dreamt of a better older "sister" for them.
LOVE YOU Ms. H!!!!!!!!!!
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama (and the auntie)!


No comments:
Post a Comment