Quote from the hubs before our departure:
"Really, honey, .. you typed ALL these directions for your parents??"
My response:
"Why....(gulp) ....how dare he think that my instruction manual, was, ---um.....just ....ah.....well.....a wee bit.....ahem..............OVERBOARD!" "How dare he!!!"
You see - the hubs and I were away this weekend on a much anticipated getaway. We've been planning this little reprieve for a couple of months and were very much looking forward to it. It was the first time I was away from the babies for more than just a quick day trip or an overnight with some girlfriends.
Let's say - Mama was EXCITED............ and maybe a little stressed trying to get things ready for the trip and ready to be away from the babes.
Does stress cause me to
Well, maybe just a little bit.
*Blush*
Ya...ya... I will admit it - I did spend the better part of last week creating an instruction manual to email in document form to my mom, in advance, so she could read it and ask questions.
Yup - I did that.
And, yup, it was an hour by hour breakdown of the entire weekend.
And - yup again - perhaps just a (TAD) more "detailed" than necessary.
As the hubs pointed out - my parents did raise FOUR children of their own who turned out pretty dern well.
Fine.
OVER THE TOP, indeed!
So what!!!
My parents came to stay with the girls and everything went perfect.
Vindication!! I can most certainly chalk it up to my beautifully written instruction manual, right???
Well...maybe that helped a little bit, but I am certain it wasn't the main reason I came home to such happy babies. :-)
Speaking of that....while we away for only TWO nights....
My babies grew up.
I am not kidding.
Their faces changed....
They got taller....
And, grew more hair.
In 2 short days....
They just seemed older.
The hubs and I could not believe it.
They seemed to have gone from babies to little girls in just two short days.
Is that even possible??
Probably not, but it sure felt that way to us
It was really great to spend some quality time with my hubs this weekend. We had so much fun and it felt like we were living "back in the day". Sometimes... it feels like more work to
And now......... I am back into the mama zone and lovin' it.
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!
Hey, I do that too. And when we come home and I hear that everything was "perfect" I don't feel the least big embarrassed! :)
ReplyDeleteHah! That's definitely over the top, but I totally understand it. We do daycare every weekday for our two grandkids, and part of the process is always to discuss their food, poopage, sleep habits, moods, etc. For nearly two years, we kept a log of activities, including what they ate and what was in their diapers, so mommy could read it when she came to pick them up. Now that they are ages 2 and 3+, the notebook isn't so necessary but the conversations still are.
ReplyDeleteWow...that's so great that you were able to get away for a weekend!
ReplyDeleteI have a hand-written page of notes that my mom prepared for my grandmother when she kept me (as an infant) for the weekend. My grandmother kept it for all those years, and I found it in some of her things when she passed. I thought that was so sweet.
So...your document may have been a little more than a hand-written page, but it will be a sweet memory to reflect on one day. :)
P.S. We ate at the Dairy Queen this weekend, and it was yumm-ee!