you don't like DAIRY QUEEN treats!!!
We took our very first trip to the DQ with the girls this week. And.........(insert drum roll here)........they LOVED it! Ms. K especially enjoyed her few spoon fulls of vanilla ice cream and wanted more, more, more!! She was making funny grunting sounds that I assume indicated .... more, mama, more!!
While we were at the DQ I explained to the girls that while in high school and college I worked at my hometown Dairy Queen! I have very fond memories of working at the local ice cream shop with great friends!! And........I could make a mean DQ treat let me tell ya!! I was famous for my blizzards full of extra "treats" inside! In my opinion it was the perfect DQ to work at because it didn't have all the fried foods. We basically just made ice cream treats!!
We snapped a few photos while enjoying our ice cream, but it wasn't easy to get good shots because the girls were pretty squirmy. Daddy took the one of me with Ms. K and although it's a little blurry - you will get the idea. We ordered the girls a dish of plain vanilla, but as you will see Daddy was giving Ms. R a taste of his treat too - a Peanut Buster Parfait! That's a no, no daddy!!
I'm guessing we will be taking the girls back to the DQ again real soon!!
Yum!
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!
And the frozen mistakes were fabulous! :) Trips to the ice cream shop are the best - we try to find one everywhere we go!
ReplyDeleteMy girls loooovvveee ice cream!
ReplyDeleteOK - I've told you this before, but I'm still jealous of all of your girls' hair!! Mine still have zilch!
Yummy!! We've been going for culvers flavor of the day, and its a hit around here. They didn't like ice cream much in the beginning because it was to cold for them! :)
ReplyDeletePS-You have beautiful hair!! :)
So cute! Lucky babies!!! I swear my two aren't mine sometimes because they take veggies over chocolate!
ReplyDeleteWe love DQ around here too...our favorites are the dip cones...can't wait for the girls to get to hold their very own! So glad ice cream was a hit with your girls, it will make a fun family outing for years to come!
ReplyDeleteWhat is it with dads? They're worse than the kiddos about wanting the kids to have things they shouldn't have! LOL!
ReplyDeleteI was beginning to wonder if my girls had been switched at birth. I think they liked the taste of ice cream, but their dislike for cold seemed to overshadow the taste. I felt kind of silly, as I really had to "work" at them eating ice cream. After 4 or 5 tries, though, they're on the band wagon. I'm so glad...it makes trips to the ice cream place much more justified if the girls get some!
ReplyDeleteWe have a DQ here, but it's not nearly the same as the one I grew up with. I lived in a very small town, and DQ was the closest thing to a fast food restaurant until I was about 10. Even at that, I think they marched to their own beat. Outside of the traditional DQ treats, their menu was mostly home cooking. Good stuff all the way around!
And I've had my mind on a Reese's blizzard all week. I think I'm going to cash in on it this weekend. But the calories won't really count, as it's "for the girls". HA!