Saturday, January 07, 2012

The escalator ride would have surely suffice...!

But ... let me back up.

We started our special "evening out" with a gourmet dinner.....at Subway.
Where the girls ate approximately 2.2 bites of their made to order turkey and cheese sandy ... and, mostly preferred eating ice from a glass the kind lady behind the counter gave us --- as she could see we needed a distraction!!

From there .... we strolled across the street to the movie theatre --- a light mist coming down -- it was pretty romantic actually... ;)

The girls were pumped -- we'd been "talking" about going to the "MOO-B" all day.

Translation: Movie.  :)

A friend of mine took her 2 year old to the Muppets movie a few weeks ago ... and made it almost to the end. We COMPLETELY knew this was a loooooooooong shot. Especially getting TWO tots to cooperate.

But - we did it anyway.

Why??

TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE .. and pretend ... we were on a date.  :)

Of course as soon as we arrived --  mama had to go potty ... so daddy and the girls visited the concession stand.

Clearly our only hope of distracting them for any length of time -- FOOD!

When I came out of the bathroom ... the girls had positioned themselves for some fast car racing and I immediately positioned myself as the "hand sanitizer" crazy lady.

All I could see were GERMS! Ish!

Anyway - when we finally broke the news we needed to leave the "race cars" and head into the movie.... they had zero interest.

We even walked away from them.

They didn't care.

So -- daddy hands me all the treats .... while he picks up two unruly girls and we head into the theatre.....totally unsure how any of it would go....

First things first ... theatre seats are NOT made for 2 year olds.

Hello.

So -- it was Ms. R up on daddy's lap .... which ... I suppose -- I could have just posted this picture and claimed what perfect angels we have.......but we all know -- that's not how I roll!
Meanwhile Ms. K ... NEVER decided to sit ... anywhere...at all.

She actually stood -- next to the seats .. or in the isle the whole time.
Well -- except for one time when the music got pretty crazy and the girls decided to get up and dance (sorry for the blurry photo).
I don't care who you are -- or how annoyed you are with the people that brought two - 2 years olds to the movie -- THE DANCING WAS PRETTY CUTE.

And - actually ... the girls behavior was pretty good to this point.  They weren't making much noise ... rather just kind of roaming about -- mostly Ms. K -- but eventually Ms. R was up and about too.

And -- I'd say about 1/2 way through the movie -- BOTH girls at the same time decided to make an exit.

Together -- they walked slowly down the long staircase toward the door.  We waited to see if they would get scared and come back - but they didn't.

So -- that was the end of the Muppet's movie for this family on this night.

As we walked out -- we smiled because we were hoping to get half way through...and we pretty much did.

And -- we also laughed because we knew this outing was for "us" ... as in mommy and daddy.

On the way out we again visited the "race cars"....

And also met some pretty friendly chipmunks along the way.

The girls were smitten.
And then we proceeded to ride FOUR escalators back down to the street level...which as I said -- seemed to be THE highlight of the girls' entire night.

Sure would have been a cheaper date........but then we wouldn't have the memories, would we??

OK -- we'll admit it -- daddy and I have not had a "date night" in quite...some...time...and not seeing one in the near future -- we decided to create one with the girls.

And honestly .. I think it did the job.....

Dinner AND a movie -- come on now -- a girl can't complain!

;)

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome...and I'm laughing out loud at the Hand Sanitizer Lady. That's ME, too!!! ;)

    Glad you enjoyed your evening, even if it didn't go exactly as planned. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Need To Boost Your ClickBank Banner Traffic And Commissions?

    Bannerizer made it easy for you to promote ClickBank products using banners, simply visit Bannerizer, and grab the banner codes for your selected ClickBank products or use the Universal ClickBank Banner Rotator to promote all of the available ClickBank products.

    ReplyDelete