Thursday, January 19, 2012

Weekly Baby Update!

Hello from a very cold and snowy Seattle! We've been dealing with a Seattle snowfall the week.  Apparently this only happens every few years....but of course it would happen the year we are here.  It's not too foreign to us, though.  We are hearty mid-westerners!!

Time for the weekly baby update!

Gestation: 32w/5d  .... Last week I accidentally posted one week ahead (ooops)!! Thanks to Grandpa C for pointing it out! I actually am relieved I was a week off -- as I'm soaking up a few more weeks with my lovely ladies.

Gender: Unknown.  Although -- I did take a peek at the "Chinese Gender Chart" this week.  Don't ask me why I did it ... I was just bored one day I suppose.  I won't reveal what it said -- but it was quite interesting!

Baby Growth: For all the weight and bulk you're lugging around these days, you'd think your little champ would weigh more than a mere 4 pounds!! But once you add in the placenta, fluid, extra blood -- you've got at least 10 pounds of baby and their life-support year smashed up again your organs!

In terms of appearance .. your sweet lil' looker is getting cuter and pudgier every day as they pile on that adorable baby fat.

As you know all too well, your womb kick-boxer is getting stronger with every passing day.  Heck, it's
even possible to observe a well-placed belly-wobbling kick just by watching your belly.

Despite their obviously increasing strength, your bigger by the day baby will actually stop dropping their rate of movement in the last few weeks, no thanks to their restricted womb space.

If movement ceases for more than an hour, drink some juice, lay on your side and wait for added movement.  Hey - did you know you'll continue to feel your baby's movements even during labor?

Baby Movement: As mentioned above -- LOTS and LOTS of movement this week.  It's a good thing.  Definitely feeling limbs. He/she is doing quite a bit of stretching or something because I can most certainly feel the arms, legs and feet!


Mama's growth: Pretty much status quo.  No major changes I don't think other than just getting more difficult to do everything.  More tired, short of breath -- hard to carry the girls.  Oh -- and the "potty" factor is at an all-time high.  At times I feel as though I may as well just live in the bathroom.  Ugh!

Cravings: Let me just tell you --- we went to Costco on Monday to stock up on essentials.  We were browsing around and the hubs stumbled upon "Grapefruit Cups".  We used to buy these back in MN and I liked them quite a bit if I recall.  He casually asked if I wanted a box.  I decided I did.  Well -- that was on Monday ... and we had 12 cups.  As of Thursday at 9:51am - we have TWO left.  And, I think I've eaten all but one of them.  They are so delicious and refreshing and I am in LOVE.  They are just so tasty and the juice is yummy to drink when the fruit is all gone.  At a measly 100 calories a cup -- I do not feel bad indulging in a few per day.  Good vitamin C for me and the babe.  I'm not sure where else I can buy these -- but if I can't find them at our local grocery store -- we're gonna have to make a trip back to Costco because I must have them!

Struggles: We'll, pretty much the snow storm that has taken over the entire city (and outskirts) of Seattle.  We've been home bound since Tuesday and it doesn't look too promising before the weekend.  The days are definitely getting long.  Ms. K woke up last night with a high fever and she's still battling it.  Not sure ... could be those pesky 2 year molars ... her ears ... or just a virus.  Either way..... NOT FUN.  She is sitting next to me as I type this.  Snuggled up in her jammies with her blankie watching Barney.  She was downstairs and came up to ask me to cover up her toes.  Such a sweet pea.  I hope this passes quickly as the hubs has this coming weekend off and after being snowed in this week -- we were hoping to get out of the house.

Favorite Happening of the Week: I guess the favorite happening of the week is coming at the end of it -- which we be daddy having the weekend off from work!!  Knowing he will be home from Friday night until Monday morning just helps me through the week.  As I get closer to having this new baby -- and the exhaustion is at an all-time high -- he is really being a star hubby and daddy.  Making dinner ... taking over with the girls .... just doing whatever he can to help me. God love him!

Well -- that's a wrap for this week.  Off to check my precious Ms. K's temp again .... and take advantage of her snugly nature.  There's nothing like snuggling with my babes.

See you next week!

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment