Well .... it's time for a "keeping it real" post from mama.
Today ... I am just one day shy of 34 weeks preggo. Movin' and groovin' right along.
I had an OB visit on Monday and got some news that didn't make me too happy.
After the usual stuff ... check of my blood pressure ... weight ... baby's heart rate, etc .. my doctor did a little pushing around on my tummy to check things out.
A short time later she suggested we take a peek at the babe via ultrasound.
Hmmmmm... I thought to myself.
Upon taking a look -- her suspicions were confirmed -- baby was in the breech position.
Big, fat frown from this mama. :(
I am very aware there is still time for this baby to turn it's little behind around and go head down -- making it possible to avoid the dreaded C-section.
But - I am also very aware (made clear by my OB) -- there is a chance the baby will not turn....
When we peeked at the baby on Monday -- he/she was in what they call the "frank" position. Meaning ... butt presenting down and head and legs/feet up.
Doesn't seem too comfy, does it???
Typically -- they can do a procedure to try and manually turn the baby --- but with the placement of my placenta -- that is not a safe option for us.
After getting through a twin pregnancy ... and delivering the girls the old fashioned way (well, WITH drugs of course) -- it's quite disappointing to think of having a C-section with this babe.
When we delivered the girls .... I recall it being a very tense situation ... I was in an operating room and it was not warm and fuzzy at all.
It was anything BUT that.
More like -- lying on a cold, sterile operating table for what seemed like hours.
So -- THIS time ... I've been dreaming of having the baby in the typical delivery room ... a bit more comfortable .. a bit more warm and fuzzy....even if that's not really true -- I wanted that experience.
It's not going to do me any good to fret over this -- I know that.
But - the reality is ... its hard not to fret.
With two toddlers waiting at home -- I'd much rather not be recovering from major surgery with an incision the girls will near to steer clear of.
They will NOT understand ... it would be tough.
On the flip side -- the hubs so "matter of factly" reminded me .... I am just the vessel for this baby .... God already has a safe plan for his/her entry into the world .... and we need to focus on that.
Ugh - somehow that hubs is always right!
But -- it won't stop me from praying and down right begging this baby to turn, turn, turn!!!!
And - I wouldn't mind if you wanted to pray along with me.
Other than that - the appointment went great. My blood pressure was 100/80 -- and the baby's heart rate was in the 150's. All wonderful news.
As a whole -- the pregnancy is really starting to catch up with me and take my breath away. The girls seem to suddenly want to be carried everywhere (perhaps sensing a change) and I'm just very, very tired.
The hubs mentioned this morning that I seem preoccupied with something.
Had to smile ..... well, yes -- ahem ... honey -- just a tad bit preoccupied with the idea of having a new baby in a few short weeks .... combined with the fact that I'm pretty sure I could sleep all day long ... and am just feeling big and uncomfortable. But -- I can't blame him for asking ... he was genuinely inquiring.
Just typical end of pregnancy stuff -- stuff I'll get through ... one day at a time......and in fact -- days I'm trying to cherish as best I can.
We'll be keeping a close eye on the position of this baby -- and I'll keep you posted.
For now -- thanks for listening -- and thanks for praying with us.
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!
I'll be praying with you because I'm right there with you. I'm just 26 weeks but after having a C with the twins due to N also being breech the WHOLE entire time, I feel the same way: I DON'T want to do that again! I don't know which way this little boy is pointing yet, but I hope both our little ones figure it out quick! Having said that, let's remember that it doesn't really matter wether our experiences are warm and fuzzy - what matters is healthy babies in our arms.
ReplyDeleteTurn, baby, turn!! I'll pray your little one gets head down by the next appointment! Love what your hubby had to say, though. He's so right! You delivered twins vaginally so you can definitely handle a C-section (I had a C-section with the girls and honestly it wasn't bad)...but I get your reasons for wanting to avoid one and I pray you get to have a "regular" birth with this one. I know, can't imagine being in a regular delivery room and doing it the "normal" way!
ReplyDelete