Hello.....
We are now officially into the "30's" -- the last months/weeks of pregnancy. I've been trying to recall some of the first days/weeks with the girls ... but I'm afraid I don't have tons of memories because I was so tired!! Life with this new little one will be so much different anyway I suppose. First, because there will only be ONE baby -- and second because we'll be changing up the dynamics of our current family. I know the first days can be tough when the older siblings learn the baby is here to stay - but I am genuinely looking forward to how the girls will react to their new brother or sister once they've settled into the idea. I know they have so much love in their hearts and enjoy taking care of each other -- so another sibling to love will be all the better!!
Onto the update:
Gestation: 32w/4d
Gender: Unknown
Baby's growth: By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds and is about 16.75 inches long taking up lots of space in the uterus. You're gaining about a pound each week - half of that going to the baby. In fact - he/she will gain a third to half of it's birth weight during the next 7 weeks as he/she fattens up for survival outside the womb. They now have toenails, fingernails, and real hair (peach fuzz). And the skin is becoming soft and smooth... love that part!! :)
Baby's movement: Lots of continued movement!! Trying to cherish these flutters, kicks, hiccups .. while they last. It's something a mama never wants to forget.
Mama's growth: Well -- I think I can officially say "da belly" is getting in my way more and more. For many months I didn't feel this way, but lately I do. And -- I feel like I'm waddling a little bit too. Not too bad yet - but starting that type of walk.... :) Lap room is also becoming increasingly limited which is not making the girls too happy. I've also had some of the braxton hicks contractions over the last week. They come and go pretty quickly - but I've certainly been feeling the tightening in the tummy. This means we are getting closer!
Cravings: I've been on a peanut butter kick this week. And just today I realized I am completely out of it. Booo!! One go-to snack has been celery with peanut butter. YUM! When I give it to the girls they just lick off the peanut butter and hand the celery back to me!! Silly little girls. I probably can't get to the store for a day or two - so I'm going to go through a little peanut butter withdrawal. :( I've never been the pregnant wife that sends her hubby to the store at 2am for a "craving fix" ... maybe I should take advantage!
Struggles: I swear every time I write in this section it has something to do with SLEEP -- or should I say ... lack there of. This week it was Ms. K's turn. Her nasty cold and congestion kept waking her ... and after several days of rocking her while she slept she fell into a nasty pattern. The instant she woke she would scream at the top of her lungs because she knew this would get our immediate attention. So - the last 24 hours we've had to play a little hardball and hopefully she's getting the hint that sleeping ALL night ... IN her crib is what's goin' down in this joint. ;)
Favorite happening of the week: I'd have to say ENJOYING daddy's very first weekend off from work (back here in WA) where he didn't have to study or do anything but hang around with his ladies. It was bliss. It's been a long, long while since that happened and I soaked it up. The best part is -- this will be happening every other weekend from now on! He works this weekend ... but we're already focusing on the next one and some fun things we can do. It just makes the long days more bearable. :)
OH -- and one other thing .... I "think" the hubs and I have officially landed on a girl name we can agree on!! We've had a boy's name picked out from our last pregnancy (and stuck with it) ... but the girl name seemed IMPOSSIBLE!! Just yesterday -- I texted him a idea and he quickly responded with .. "LOVE IT". We had fun discussing it last night. So .. I think we may be all set for names! Sorry -- can't spill the beans just yet. ;)
And double OH - almost forgot to mention -- after almost a 6 week break (due to holiday travel) we had an appointment with my OB late last week. Everything checked out great. I was anxious to see her after such a long hiatus. And -- the hubs finally got in on an appointment too. SMALL, small world -- but they actually know each other. They went to the same medical school and graduated the same year!! Crazy, huh?? It was fun for them to catch up ... but, finally I was like .... "ahem....hello....... time to check on the baby". I REALLY like my OB -- she is kind and genuine and very sincere. I feel very lucky. The babies heartbeat was great and I am measuring spot on.
Well, that about does it for this week. For all of my followers in the mid-west ... can't say I haven't been a bit envious of your amazing weather these past few weeks. But - it's also made me happy because our pooch is back home (with my MIL) and is outside all day. So - when the temps are warm I know Hank is happy!
Talk soon!
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!
No comments:
Post a Comment