Wednesday, January 11, 2012

MAJOR crisis averted!!

Last night after dinner ... we were hanging out watching a little "TB" (as Ms. K calls it).... when Ms. R noticed something was missing.

And -- we noticed she was walking around the house repeating ... "blanket? ... blanket? ... blanket?"

Upon glancing around the immediate area -- neither daddy or I could spot the famous green blanket OR her beloved baby doll.

So - the search began.

We combed the living room and kitchen areas ... including some cabinets that are typically open for them to play in.

No blanket or baby.

We moved downstairs ... where they'd been playing post-naps earlier in the evening.

Again -- looked EVERYWHERE .. including places it could not possibly be.  Daddy went to the lowest level of the house (including the garage ... which they are locked out of) ....

NO BLANKET or BABY to be found.

Lastly - we looked upstairs in our room, but I was 99.9% certain it wasn't there because the girls had not been on that level since waking up from their nap.

The hubs asked me REPEATEDLY ... "are you sure you didn't go anywhere"??

I mean I realize I've had some really dumb "pregnancy brain" moments -- but I was SURE we hadn't left the house after naps --- which is the last time I laid eyes on blanket and baby.

I remember seeing it because I carried them up the stairs and dropped "said baby" three times.  Ugh!

We continued to search as bedtime loomed.

Putting Ms. R to bed without her blanket and baby -- well, NOT AN OPTION .. if we wanted any sleep at all last night.

I was seriously worried.

My life hinges on SLEEP.

I literally sat on the couch in deep, deep thought about anywhere she'd accidentally hidden it over the past 6 months.

I was coming up with nothin' ......

We'd looked EVERYWHERE, right????????

It was almost 8:30p now -- and they still needed a bath.

I went back down to their bedroom level for another serious combing of the area.  That is where I thought it must be.

After not finding anything again -- I was seriously ready to cry.

And then ------ beautiful music to my ears.

I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Screamed daddy from upstairs.

WHERE????????????????? Screamed mama from downstairs.

You ready for this?? You ready for where Ms. R "accidentally hid" her most prized possessions???

IN THE VACUUM CLEANER BAG.

Read it again people -- VACUUM CLEANER BAG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daddy was...is...will ALWAYS be my hero.

Ms. R was pleased ... but not nearly as happy as we were.  I reminded her over and over to thank her daddy.

So -- like I said -- major crisis averted ....

And, geez .. poor baby doll.  She was stuck in that dark vacuum bag for several hours.

Typically -- she's not given the best care -- see photo below....
But at the very least she's usually hangin' around with the family in one way or another -- even if she's face down on the floor.

Looks like we have some serious "baby care" lessons in store before the new baby arrives!

Better get right on that...

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

3 comments:

  1. That is NUTS! But...whatever magical powers your hubby must possess...glad you found the goods! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaha! Love it!!! So glad you found it! Seriously, what would make her do that?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you found it. I LIVE in fear of losing Oliver's Donkey! We have hunted to find another one and have not. It is amazing where they put things sometimes isn't it!!

    ReplyDelete