I'm hoping it's just a phase -- but try as I might ... I struggle to get barrettes, ponytails or anything into the girls hair.
For some reason ... they'd apparently rather have their pretty little eyes covered up with hair.
Makes little sense to moi!
Most days I don't fight the battle, but once in awhile I dive right in.
If I do get "pretties" in their hair -- I know it will be short-lived, but at least they are getting the idea for a little while.
Yesterday -- while waiting to Skype with my family ... I convinced the girls they needed to look pretty for the camera.
My family was having a birthday shin-dig for my niece AND nephew -- which we were very sad to miss out on.
But -- telling the girls we were getting ready for a party seemed to help get those pretties into their hair.
Here are a couple pics.... their hair has grown so much since we moved here.
Watching the beloved Barney in the pic below -- part of my strategy for getting their hair combed!
But -- let's face it ... 30 minutes after we skyped with my family -- the ponies were O.U.T and the girls wanted nothing to do with putting them back in. I'm trying to let their bangs grow -- so we aren't dealing with that later. I'm hoping in short order they will start to understand it's nice to have their hair pulled back. We shall see!! It's quite funny how you envision dressing your baby girls up like dolls .... and then they turn 2 and the reality is much different than the fantasy! :)
Much later in the day -- we were playing downstairs and Ms. K started pulling her pants up and OVER her tummy as far up as she could.
Wonder who she was imitating??
Perhaps her preggo mommy??
It was really quite funny, actually.
Then Ms. R joined in -- and they were both pulling up their shirts showing me their babies in their tummies.
Oh dear Lord.
Hope you all had a nice weekend -- ours was pretty quiet .... mama's movin' VERY slowly over here..... not that the girls are imitating that behavior by any means!
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!




Haha! M told us he has a baby in his tummy this weekend! I'm slowing WAY down too.
ReplyDelete