Monday, September 06, 2010

Day 10.................

Gulp...........ONLY 10 short days til the girls turn ONE!  Simply unbelievable.  Aren't they just the sweetest babes?? I think so!! I am trying to keep my emotions in check as we close in on their birthday!! I said..."trying".  No promises from this mama!


As we start the 10 day countdown to their BIRTHday I thought it was appropriate to highlight my BLOG!!  20fingersand20toes has quite literally helped me through so much the past several months.  It has given me an outlet...something for "me"...and allowed me to share with anyone who will listen how wonderful being a mama really is.  What pure joy!

Looking back - I wish I would have had the time, energy, forethought to start this blog during my pregnancy or right after the girls were born.  Unfortunately I didn't do that.  I can name a million reasons why it was difficult to carve out the time for such a thing, but I will spare you!

We are coming up on my 6 month "blogiversary".  I am so glad I took a leap of faith and started writing.  I can remember fretting and fretting over the fact that I really hadn't started baby books for the girls.  And - wondering how I was going to document their amazing journey?  But - I just couldn't muster the energy to start filling out those baby books!! I began reading blogs during my pregnancy and always had an interest in starting one of my own.  :-)

I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know many other families throughout the process of launching my blog.  It is so helpful to have resources right at my finger tips.  It has been a privilege to follow along on the journey of so many other families through blog reading.  It has helped me with ideas and insight beyond belief.

I also hope that my blog has somehow helped someone along the way.  I really enjoy writing about the girls and what we are up to on a day to day basis, but I also hope that some of my entries have helped others.  I sincerely attempt to write thoughtful messages that have meaning.  I know when I am blog surfing and looking for ideas or tips - I have found it so helpful to stumble across a blog that gives an honest perspective on raising babes and more specifically twins.  I try to write from my heart in the hopes that my readers will gain something from what I have said or something that we as a family have muddled through.

As I move forward with my blog - I hope to continue to improve it. I would like to redesign the layout more specific to our family at some point.  I would also enjoy gaining more followers!! I know that I have some followers that have not ""officially"" signed up to follow me and I would REALLY appreciate if you would do so.  Pahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh---lease!!  I know you are out there....really I do!!

I can remember the day I sat down to "start" my blog.  I quickly realized it wasn't something you are able to do quickly.  It took me plenty of time to name my blog, design my blog, redesign it, change it again and then finally invite family and friends to follow along.

I am very thankful to all of you who take time to peek in on us.  I hope along the way -- we've brightened your day and made you smile because that is what we set out to do!!

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you have decided to blog. It gives us a way to get it touch with other twin mom's and we can help each other out. I am so thankful for the internet as I was not the type of person to keep up with a traditional baby book either. The blog is my girls' baby book and they will have something "real" to look back on when they are older. Infertility lead me to blog and I'm so glad I started the blog right before we got pregnant but it is never too late to blog and your girls will love the fact they can see "through your eyes" what life was like when they were so young. Your girls are adorable and I hope you hold up over the next 10 days as your babies turn into toddlers. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, your babes ARE dolls!! So precious!! I know I was in shock when my twins turned one...I think because the first year is truly such a blur, BUT it truly just keeps getting better!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete