Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Day 1......double the blessings!

In the very beginning of this 30 day countdown series -- I mentioned I would list things we "couldn't of lived without" in random order.  As in ... they were ALL important in some way and I didn't want to rank them.

But - for TODAY's last and final post..... I take that back.  Today's post honors the TWO most important people from the entire year.

MY BABY GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I just had to post these pictures again - I hold them so dear (thanks Dad!!).


No way - no how - would I have ever made it through without these loveable little angels.  God sent them to us, trusted us to be their parents and gave us the privilege to walk this journey with them.  They are amazing and beautiful and so incredibly sweet.  Our heats melt every morning when they wake up and every night when we put them to bed.  They are our everything.

Today has been an interesting day for me.  I keep going back to one year ago.  At about this time (2pm CST) I was just getting to my hospital room and we were letting everyone know we were moving full speed ahead with meeting our miracles.  I had gone to my 37 week doctor appointment and my OB said it was time! I was set to be induced 2 days later, but that didn't pan out.  After all my wishing and hoping it would happen at any moment because I was so uncomfortable - I suddenly felt so ill prepared.  I was like... no, I need 2 more days!!  They started the induction meds and the babies arrived the next day (tomorrow)!! Life has been so incredibly full of love ever since.

Moving forward I hope to write a few different posts surrounding their birthday.  The hubs and I want to write the girls a letter, I would like to share their "birth story" with all of you and we will of course have the big party to discuss, too!!

So - hopefully over the next week I can manage to find time to fit that all in.  We are currently in a state of
"Party Prep" around here and I think it's what is keeping me from breaking down entirely.  I have so many emotions surrounding their birth and 1st year of life.  I am feeling so blessed to have made it, but also so sad to see it go.

I hope you have enjoyed our 30 day countdown to big birthday #1.  I know I've had a wonderful time walking down memory lane with you. 

See you soon.

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics, and Happy Birthday to your little angels. I, too, wrote a (blog) letter to my boys on their birthday 2 weeks ago. I think it was emotionally harder to write the letter recapping the year than it was to acknowledge that a year had come and gone so quickly. Enjoy your little lovlies on their special day, and don't forget to celebrate alone with dad (dinner and a movie, perhaps) for surviving the first year of twin parenthood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLS! I hope your having a perfect day and an amazing year ahead of you. Your mom and dad sure do love you and the rest of us can not get enough of your cutie little pictures and stories your parents share with us.

    Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete