Time to back up the choo-choo train for a few fun updates!! Time seems to be moving at lightning speed this past month. Where did September go?? Goodness sakes - it's darn near over. I can see by having three birthdays (babes and daddy) to celebrate will make it fly by! I guess that's not all bad as I am usually quite sad to see summer come to an end.
Over the past couple of weeks we've had some big things happening around here - other than birthdays!!
Ms. R took her first steps ONE day after her FIRST birthday!! On September 17th, 2010 -- she took 3 wobbly steps. I saw it first and then thankfully daddy was home to see her walk later that same day. :) Since then -- she has made big progress. She continues to become even more steady on her feet and has taken 5 at one time now. She is so proud of herself and you can tell she is becoming more brave. She has always been a very fast crawler and this seems to be how she wants to walk too. :) Ms. R has also become quite the climber in the past month. She finds ways to climb on things and it amazes me everyday. No major bumps yet- but I'm sure they are on the way!!
Ms. K has FINALLY gotten her two top teeth!! We are so happy for her. And -- it didn't seem to bother her too much...nothing a little Tylenol wouldn't cure. She had a few tough days, but other than that ... she did great. It is so cute to see her with more teeth because she had just one lonely bottom tooth for so long. Then - her 2nd bottom one came through and then we waited and waited and waited. It's nice because she seems to be able to chew more food now. Ms. K is not far behind Ms. R with getting ready to walk. She is actually very steady when she stands and I think she is just giving her mama a little breather before she takes off. I appreciate that Ms. K.
We also started our new school year last week!! Our fall schedule is in full swing now because we attend Early Childhood Family Education twice each week. If you recall - last year I took both girls to the same class once each week. This year I am trying something a little different. I take Ms. R to class on Wednesday mornings and Ms. K goes into the childcare room across the hall. On Thursday mornings we switch and I take Ms. K to class and Ms. R goes to the childcare classroom. It was an adjustment last week because we attend from 10:45-noon and that has historically been during nap time. So - we are making some adjustments there. Ms. K did great in the childcare classroom, but Ms. R is really struggling. She basically cried the entire time I was away from her. I pray it will get easier on her (and me!!) because I truly feel in my heart this is good for her. Because I am staying at home with them, their interaction with other adults is minimal and I want them to learn to feel safe and comfortable even when I am not right there. It was really fun to get back to class, catch up with some old friends and get out of the house!!! Both girls did really well in class. It is so fun and interesting to see them interact with other kiddos. I think it's great for leaning to share and be patient. It's quite a bit different from last year's class when we literally sat in a circle with our babies who were immobile. Now - the class is a bit more chaotic with all the kiddos being able to move!! We are all exhausted in the end!
So...as you can see we have been busy little bees, but it's been great!! This week has been extra busy as well because the hubs and I are going to be away from the girls for a few days....part business, part pleasure! I know everything will be just fine because we have wonderful grandparent care, but it's still tugs at my heart to be away. Especially when the girls are doing such fun and amazing new things every day. I wish I could freeze them.....so they don't pop any more teeth or take off on a running sprint while we are gone. I can see Ms. R's walking skills improving quite a bit in the next few days. I guess I will take comfort in knowing how special it will be for the grandparents to witness as well!!
Hope you are all doing well............I am hoping once we return I can get back to regular blogging and catch up with everyone!!
Til then...
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!
Great stuff going on, how exciting! :) I hope the class continues to go well, and everyone gets adjusted. Have fun on your getaway!!
ReplyDeletexo
Woo hoo! They're mobile now, and now the fun will begin! ;)
ReplyDelete