Ms. R:
* From the time she was only days old - she would yawn and would make this cute little "O" with her lips.* The day she SCREECHED in the middle of church - she was about 8 weeks old and darn near everyone around us was trying to hold back their laughter! We knew then that she would be our firecracker!!
* How much she loved to bounce and giggle and bounce and giggle.
* Her laugh - at times it can sound a little deviant, but SO CUTE!
* How she buries her head into our chest when she is feeling silly or shy -- or a combination the the two.
* How she loves to put her lips together to make funny sounds and spit bubbles and then giggle about it.
* When she goes up to Ms. K and slaps her right on the head (not funny, but funny all at the same time).
* How she dances to music and puts her hands together like she wants to clap, but she isn't quite sure how.
* She continually will say "hi" in this high pitched tone of voice. And - she wants you to say it back to her.
* And - finally .... when mama found her at the top of TWO flights of stairs .... and she was between tears and laughter because she wasn't sure which was appropriate.
Ms. K:
* From day one she loved to put her hand up in the air and just gaze at it. We now realize it was all a process of learning how to suck her thumb, which (for now) we find so sweet.
* Ms. K has always had a tender soul. She wears her emotions front and center!
* How she is so proud of herself when she does something new! She continually looks at us - to make sure we are looking at her and praising her!!
* When she finally learned to fight back (a little) and pull Ms. R's hair!
* How she holds up one arm -- while pointing one finger -- and talks to us like she is giving us the presidential address. She has soooooo much to say - our little talker!!
* How she "scolds" hank - our pup. If I tell Hank to sit - she will mimic me. So cute!
* How she scours the floor for any little piece of ANYTHING to put into her mouth.
* And then - she looks up at us and waits for us to come over and take it out of her mouth because she knows it's naughty.
* How she likes to pitch unwanted food onto the floor for Hank. She thinks she is being sneaky, but we see her!
I'm sure most parents have similar "little things" that makes them beam! But - this is our list from the 1st year of the girls' life. We think they are locked in our memory forever, but this way we will NEVER forget! I am sure our "little things list" for year #2 will be even more fun and interesting to write about!
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

our kids are just 4 days apart :) (btw: found your blog through Mandy). isnt this time exciting?
ReplyDeleteany fun plans for their bday?
Your babies are ADORABLE! What an exciting an also emotional time for you. I found your blog through a friends and I have twins as well. K & R are just a few months older than my K & K so it will be fun to watch and anticipate. Hope the party plans are coming along!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful post to both your sweet girls! Your girls are precious!
ReplyDelete(I am so sorry that I am just now getting around to visit your blog - I am catching up and adding you to my blogroll)
I can not wait to read more from your blog.