Monday, September 13, 2010

Day 3...LOVE is......

... a wonderful, beautiful, universal language. 

And....from the moment I found out we were having a baby - and then two babies - I've felt surrounded by nothing by LOVE.

It's true that you fall in LOVE with your babies the instant you learn they are growing inside you. 

You LOVE them even though you don't know them .... but when you meet them you feel as though you've known them your whole lives.

LOVE is when family rallies around you even in the midst of difficult circumstances.  And - the LOVE is shown by never letting you know it's difficult or worrisome...

LOVE is when your neighbors are kind and helpful.

LOVE is when you look at your babies and and are in tears - every single day.

LOVE is the kindness of complete strangers who open the door for you....or smile at you....or take time to say hello.

LOVE is when someone gives you a break from the craziness of life...to take a breath and regroup.

LOVE is spending more time together as a family - because babies seem to make that happen.

LOVE is when people pray for you.

LOVE is when someone really listens to your troubles and tries to help you fix them.

LOVE is when someone drops everything to come and be with you because you are tired or lonely or both.

LOVE is watching your babies learn new things and feeling so proud.

LOVE is in Ms. K's sparkly blue eyes and Ms. R's warm and snugly hugs...

LOVE is the glue ... that has kept me together in one piece this past year.

And, these are just a few examples of how I've felt surrounded by LOVE throughout the process of becoming a brand new mama. 

What I've learned ... is at the very end of each day --- the only thing that is really important to me is that my babies feel that same LOVE.

Because - after all - when you feel LOVED ... you know that everything is going to be OK.

With LOVE,
Cuz I'm the mama!

1 comment:

  1. Awww...how sweet. I "loved" to read your post and you are so right about "love".

    ReplyDelete