Friday, September 24, 2010

TAG...I'm it!!

Happy Friday all!!

Hope you've had a really great week!!

Kind of a fun post for today! The lovely Bonnie from The Brown Family blog tagged me!! She's asked me to answer a few questions about myself!! It's an interesting way to get to know more about our blogging friends!  When I'm done I will come up with 8 questions of my own and TAG some of my favorite bloggy gal pals!!  Thanks Bonnie!!

So...here goes.  These are the questions that Bonnie submitted to me:

1.) WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? IF NOT, HOW DID YOUR PARENTS COME UP WITH YOUR NAME?
I had to email my mom for the answer to this one.  Here is her response... :)
Short answer, I liked it- both names.  It had a beautiful sound from the beginning which has gotten even more so as you have grown into it. 

2.) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
This is an interesting question because when I was a kid I refused to eat cereal.  I didn't enjoy soggy food.  I didn't like the idea of eating something soaked in milk.  All of my siblings would gladly eat cereal, but I just didn't like it. If I did eat it - I wouldn't add any milk. As an adult - I love cereal.  I get on kicks and stick with one kind for awhile and then all of a sudden drop it like a hot pancake.  But - for the last year or so (and even while I was preggo) I have been eating TOTAL Raisin Bran.  Sometimes I get all crazy and add a banana.  :)

3.) WHAT IS YOUR MOST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
Gosh - let's see.  Well...perhaps just my genuine concern for others' well being and happiness.  I find that I am the happiest when I know people around me, and especially those I really love, are doing well, have good health, and that life is really good for them.  That is my prayer every single day. I just want people to be happy and if I can help with that in any way it makes me happy, too!

4. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
DEFINITELY happy endings - all the way!!

5. DO YOU LIKE PETS? HAVE YOU ANY?
Oh yes - I have a pet.  He's my best pal, Hank.  I've blogged about him a few times.  :)  The silly part is that I wouldn't of considered myself a "pet person" until Hank entered our lives.  I was even a bit nervous to become a dog owner (who, me........NERVOUS??), but once he came home with us I was smitten.  Granted I was 4 months pregnant with twins at the time and quite hormonal!! But - he literally captured my heart and as naughty and crazy as the guy can be -- he is a great pal and we are hoping a wonderful playmate for the girls!!

6. HAVE YOU EVER MET A FAMOUS PERSON?
Let's see...I know I've met a few, but recalling them right now is the tough part. I know I met an NFL player in a downtown Nashville Bar a few years ago....but other than that I can't think of any others.  Shoot!

7. SHARE WITH US TWO TRUTHS AND ONE LIE ABOUT YOUR SELF.
1.) I have Native American Heritage
2.) I am a High School Guidance Counselor
3.) I love scary rides at amusement parks

Can you guess what is true and what is false?? :)

8. WHAT WOULD YOUR DREAM HOUSE BE LIKE?
Having just built a house a few years ago -- if I were to have a "re-do" and build my "dream house" it would be all about CONVENIENCES!!  The house wouldn't be gigantic (cuz who could clean that sucker anyway?), but set up to make life easier.  For example -- I would design the flow of the house to work with our lifestyle.  On the main level - I would want the following: HUGE mudroom with separate laundry room, large open living space, an office so all the mail would have a home, a play area for the girls, more built-ins, a 3 season porch leading to the deck and a kitchen that cleans itself!  Hahahahah.....that isn't too much to ask, is it?? :)  I would also like a laundry room on the 2nd floor because that's where most of the dirty duds end up.  I will say -- my hubby tried to convince me of that while we were building our current home, but I wouldn't listen to him.  I wish I could take that back!! I would like the girls to have adjoining rooms someday ... so they have their own space, but are still close to each other.  Like I said ... I wouldn't want a huge house, because that doesn't feel cozy to me, but just a few things that would make our life flow a little better.  Not that I don't love the house we are in now because I do!!  Oh - and I if I could design a new home I would want to add more big windows, more color on the walls and more tile. I know the color and tile we can add to this house, but what I have learned from building is that the "structure" and "layout" are so important.  You can't change those things! I truly feel your home is your haven.  Your safe place to fall ... and a place where you invite family and friends for special times together.  So ... all in all I want my home to be welcoming and inviting and warm!

OK- time for my questions.  I'm not sure I am any good at this, but I'll give it a whirl.

I'd like to tag the following bloggy gals.  I'm frustrated, though, because it should just give their name, but instead displays their link.  I guess it works - but not what I wanted!

http://ivfinfertility.blogspot.com/

http://www.mommyofamonster.com/

http://ourlifewithmultiples.blogspot.com/

http://twolittlemonkeys1.blogspot.com/

http://twochickensblog.blogspot.com/

http://jessenamy2006.blogspot.com/

http://hargrovetwins.blogspot.com/

http://mamamandolin.blogspot.com/

1.) What is your favorite day of the week and why?
2.) Name one way you hope your child is like you and one way they are different from you?
3.) If you could vacation anywhere where would it be??
4.) What was your favorite splurge pre-baby?
5.) Who is your celebrity crush right now?
6.) If a babysitter magically showed up at your door and you had 10 minutes to change and get out the door ... where would you and your significant other go for a fun evening??
7.) Do people ever question why you blog?
8.) What color do you think looks best on YOU!!

Ok - there we go.  Can't wait to learn a little more about some fab ladies!!

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

5 comments:

  1. What a fun way to get to know you better. I just posted the answers to your questions on my blog. Thanks for an idea for a blog post. My creative juices have not been flowing lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for tagging me. I will definitely be answering these after I get done with the millions of birthday posts :)

    I love that you have genuine concern for others. Not everyone is that way and it shows what a kind heart you have.
    Also, The dream house question. Great answer. I would love to build a home one day but maybe when I have more than one kid and I know what I'm wanting more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the tag! I just answered your questions and can't wait to read what everyone else writes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Answering now! Thanks for the tag!!! E-mail me --- twochickensblog@gmail.com. I bit the bullet and went private.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for tagging me! I'll let you know when I post my answers so you can learn more about me, too! (I'm a fan of happy endings over scary ones, by the way).

    The girls are getting so big! Sounds like you're all doing well!

    ReplyDelete