I know .. I'm SLACKING on my post from yesterday. Just been busy and the hubs is working all weekend which is just no fun at all. Both babes are trying to pop more teeth and so we've had some sleepless nights, too. Yes - more sleepless nights.
Keeping it short and simple for today....and thinking that might make me feel a little less busy. :-)
Speaking of sleepless nights............and ah ha....we've had PLENTY of them....
I'd say there were two things that would have been
#1 - DIET COKE............as in gallons and gallons -- and well -- just go ahead and hook me up to an IV of DIET COKE and I'd be the happiest mama on the block! I go into panic mode when we don't have it in the house. I drank (mostly) caffeine-free until I stopped nursing, but I swear it still made feel like I had more energy. Since I stopped nursing I have gone back to my old habit (diet coke @ 6am) and then some. I drink several cans each day. I won't get into specific numbers, but it's a lot. I wish I could stop. But - I can't. And - right now I can't imagine my life without it. Does that make me an addict. I think it does.
#2 - Comfy Pj's and loungin' clothes..........a few weeks before the girlies were born I bought a few new pairs of Pj's and some new "hanging around the house" duds. On top of that my mom has also given me new Pj's a few times over the past year - just to mix it up a bit. And....I have to say - having warm, comfy, CLEAN Pj's to hang around in while I was oh so sleepy - just made it more bearable. And - if someone happened to pop over unexpectedly -- I always felt presentable. It just made me feel better every time I put on some new comfy Pj's to start the day. Well...um....yes ... that means I did wear Pj's ALL day - some days. I guess that's no surprise for a new twin mama. Thankfully now I am back to dressing myself on a regular basis. But - man ... those Pj's still feel great at the end of a long day.
Hope you are all having a wonderful LONG weekend with your family!!
Cheers to the start of crisp, cool weather, football season and school!!
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!
Caffeine is a must have as a mom of multiples. I don't know how I make it without my Monster energy drink or my coffee. Those 5 and 6am morning wakeup calls are horrible without the extra boost. And I love my comfy PJ's too. I hope you and the girls get some more rest here soon.
ReplyDelete