Planning the party for the girls makes me soooo excited for future party planning! I loved it! It gave me something to think about, research and plan. What a blast!! In years to come I look forward to the girls' input, too. I think we will all make a great party planning team!!
Back to this year!! All said and done ~ I felt the party was a huge success! The girls took a good morning nap and the party started around 12:30. Just in time for lunch!! We had a yummy spread which included appetizers, walking tacos, several salads and of course - the cupcakes!! More on those morsels, a little later!!
In coming up with the ladybug theme ... I have to admit I kind of stole it from my sister. She has called Ms. K and Ms. R her "bugs" for a long time. For example...when she emails me she will say "hugs to my bugs"!! So cute! With that in mind I ran with the ladybug theme.
I started searching for dresses, first. And - I LOVED what I found.
Once I received the dresses I started looking for how to accessorize. It was so fun!! I took my time and made purchases as I found them. I found quite a few things to coordinate with the bright blue and red colors!
I purchased their hair clips on ETSY. So cute!!
I wanted to center the party around photographs from the girls' 1st year. For some personalized decor -I took several of my favorite's and made scrapbook pages with them.
You must know - I am NOT a scrapbooker! In fact - I blog because I don't scrapbook. But - I got a little itch to be creative and I wanted to give these pages away as gifts. In the end it was really fun, but I don't think I will be considering myself a scrapbooker anytime soon!
I then decided I wanted to create a slideshow for guests to watch. The photos I included were from RIGHT before the girls were born - until very recently. It was so fun for our family and friends to watch the slide show and recall so many special memories with us!!
If you would like a peek at the girls' 1st year in pictures click on the link below!!
After lunch had settled a bit -- it was time for yummy CAKE!!
I've had a few comments from my "sneak peak birthday post" complimenting me on the cupcakes!! Sadly, I can't take credit for them. One of our neighborhood friends makes BEAUTIFUL cupcakes and I ordered them from her. It was extra special considering she is 8.5 months pregnant and due any day!! We had white and chocolate cake with a ladybug theme, of course. They were DE-lish!!
Once we had the girls in position for "CAKE" ... we sang the traditional happy birthday song and then waited for them to DIG IN!!
I have to admit before I show the pictures -- that it wasn't as messy as I thought it might be.
And .. in true form they reacted to the cupcake according to their individual personalities!
Ms. R dug RIGHT in....
While Ms. K was not so sure.....
But she finally got the hang of it and then decided it was quite tasty after all!!
After cleaning up the cake....the babes were starting to get a bit tired. So we moved to gift opening before they attempted to take a nap.
We received so many wonderful, fun gifts. It has been such joy for the girls to explore some of their new toys this week. And, I sure appreciate all the new clothing items, too. It's fun to have new fashion for the fall and winter seasons!!
For the gift opening the girls sported some pretty pink 1st birthday dresses that Grandma J bought for them! Their ladybug dresses were headed to the washing machine after cake and these were perfect to end the day!
Before wrapping up - I thought I'd share some other party pics so we remember just how much fun was had by ALL!!
A great big THANK YOU to everyone who helped us celebrate! We felt like we were celebrating the girls 1st year of life as well as a successful 1st year of TWIN parenthood!! We couldn't of done it without all the amazing support from so many amazing people at the party!! We hope you enJOYed yourselves as much as we did!!
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!
How adorable! I love the ladybug theme, the girls outfits and precious slideshow. Happy Birthday to your beauties!
ReplyDeleteOne word. AH-DORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou did a fantastic job with the party. The girls looked liked the enjoyed themselves!! What great fun. Can you believe a whole year has passed. My girls are turning 18 months at the end of Oct and I just can't believe it.
ReplyDeleteOh and the dresses were my favorite part. :)
You did awesome. :) So much better then I could ever in my life do! They look so cute, and you are so beautiful!!! :) Glad you had a good time!
ReplyDeleteWOW! Fabulous job! What a cute theme, and I couldn't help but notice my fave new treat...chocolate covered pretzels!! Delish! ...and that tablecloth! Too cute! LOVE the idea of the slideshow. I made individual albums (on snapfish.com) for my boys' 1st, but not everyone got to view them at the party. Slideshow would have been ideal!
ReplyDeleteEverything turned out so cute! I'm trying to find a cupcake tree for Jarrett's party in december.
ReplyDeleteI tagged you on my blog :)
Bonnie
The party was just beautiful. The girls looked so cute in both of the party dresses. I love the scrap book pages and the jelly beans and cupcakes. Great job!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad they had a great time.
I agree with you though, birthday's are exhausting. I'm so tired, I've hardly done anything this past week now that the parties are over with. But its so much fun at the same time.