OK...let's back up. I'd been thinking about posting how grateful I am for my awesome washer and dryer as a part of this 30 day series. I'd start writing about them and then think....Oh...readers will think I'm so silly.
Yesterday morning I happened to ask the hubs to come up with something HE felt we would have really struggled without???
And - by golly -- he said the washer and dryer!!
So .... I HAD to add it to our series. Just HAD to!!
Let's just get one thing straight, though. I am a self-proclaimed WASHING crazy lady. When it comes to laundry - I'm on it ... like within seconds it's off your body .. soiled or NOT!
By the way - my entire family is chuckling right now ... because this also describes my Mom - Grandma P. She's been known to wash, dry and iron laundry within milliseconds. I'm serious.
Anyway...having two babes that poo, spit up, drool and are just plain messy calls for some major washing! And, now that they are feeding themselves it gone to a whole new level. Two....maybe three outfits per day. When I take them out of their highchairs we are talking smashed banana, grilled cheese, cottage cheese...EVERYWHERE. Yuck!
And....lemme tell ya - I have worked those machines.
Time for a little back story of when we purchased our W&D.
It's kind of a joke between me and the hubs!
We had been "price comparison" shopping for what felt like months. The time came to move into our new house and still no washer and dryer in our possession. I was not happy to say the least. Granted we didn't have babies at that time, but STILL!!
So...one day shortly after we moved in we planned to go looking AGAIN! But the hubs came down with the flu - like in the middle of the store. And....before I knew it we were making a purchase and getting out of there because he was so sick. AND....we had purchased the pair I'd been IN LOVE WITH from the start.
He still tries to convince me that I "tricked" him into buying them....but....well.....that's just not "quite" true!! ;)
He just didn't have it in him to listen to me whine.beg.plead because he felt so awful.
I felt bad that he was sick, but I was one giddy "crazy washing lady" when the delivery guys arrived!!
Anyway...it would have been comical to add up the number of loads I've pushed through the machines over the past year. Thousands I'm sure. Not really being dramatic, either.
But - it makes me so happy when my girls have clean clothes and jammies. It just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Can't blame mama for that, right??
With love,
Cuz I'm the washin' mama!

I love this post, too! I am all about washing and drying and folding and putting away....I can't claim to love all the steps, but it's so nice to have an empty hamper and a pile of fresh-smelling clothes! :)
ReplyDeleteWe have had not one, but TWO times this year when our washer died. Our W&D are relatively new, purchased within the past three years (after extensive research, of course!), but I think we got a bit of a lemon. You should have heard my hubby and me both on the phone, pleading with the manufacturer, and then with the repair people, to DO SOMETHING QUICK! :) There's no way I could live more than a day without two of my best appliance friends!
In addition to the W&D, though, I just have to give a shout-out to my dishwasher. She's the bestest. :)
New follower =) Your little girls are so adorable! I have been a nanny for a bunch of families with twins and I want my own so badly! They can be a handful at times, but they are so precious and so much fun!
ReplyDeleteI'm good at keeping up with washing our clothes, sheets and towels, but then it usually takes me a couple hours to switch loads and then a couple hours after that to fold them and a couple more after that to put them away haha
Isn't it funny how nutty we get about laundry??? When I was home before going back to work I had my laundry done almost every day. All those receiving blankets and dirty clothes drove me mad and I wanted to them clean all the time. Your washer and dryer are nicer than yours....I think we need to look into some better options soon. :)
ReplyDelete